- This event has passed.
May 5, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Maryland Wineries Association, in partnership with Baltimore Magazine, is proud to bring you Weird Wine, our first such event. This pop-up style event will feature over 20-member wineries who are bringing their most interesting, unique, and peculiar wines for you to sample!
Wine is typically made from grapes, cider from apples and mead from honey, but some of our Maryland winemakers have been pushing the envelope a bit lately with their craft. Habanero, dragonfruit, coffee, locust blossoms and fish peppers are just some of the odd ingredients you’ll find at this event. Some of the grapes used in these wines are unique as well: French-American hybrid grapes, Spanish grapes not typically grown here, and even some Russian varietals only identifiable by numbers and letters! Diving even deeper, some of these wines earned their unique title from the way the wine was processed or fermented—so expect to see pink wines, orange wines…and even a purple wine!
General Admission Tickets ($35)
- 12 wine samples
- Stemless souvenir glass
- Complimentary popcorn bar
- Weird Wine vinyl sticker!
VIP Ticket ($50)
- All general admission benefits
- PLUS samples of all 30+ wines
- One full-sized glass of wine of your choice
- Complimentary 6-bottle wine tote
- Access to an exclusive gourmet grazing station of cheese, charcuterie, and house-made focaccia from Well Crafted Kitchen!